This relates to you because you need to have an idea of what type of brand you want to achieve for yourself or your company.
I will be discussing your blog, Facebook and some video ideas to build a brand and grow your brand.
- The number one rule is great content. In anything you do make sure you provide great content that is relevant and compelling. People like lists because they are scan-able and easy to follow.
- Part of this idea of content is a great headline that people on Twitter and Facebook would be willing to click on.
- Have a re-tweet button and a Facebook share button on your blog. Mine should be above the article and at the bottom of the page. Please feel free to tweet and share my page on Facebook.
- I also recommend adding a Digg button and maybe a few more depending on which sites you monitor.
- Linkedin groups are also a great way to share blog content.
- Have an RSS feeder capability on your blog. People use many different readers to keep track of blogs. (I prefer Google reader).
- Run a poll on your page. Facebook has great features you can use and share. I love polls because people like to express their opinion and you can capture that opinion.
- You can also run contests and sweepstakes. This is powerful because you can capture an e-mail address and other contact information.
- Link your page to Twitter so every post goes out to your Twitter account.
- Use different tools to capture information, organize accounts and search.
- Tweepi- Combines and manages your accounts so you know who is inactive, who is super active, and link to people's blogs.
- Twellow - Searches through people on Twitter. It is like the Yellow Pages for Twitter.
- Tweetdeck - Allows you to post tweets at different times and is just an amazing all-around tool that is simple to use. It was also just acquired by Twitter so you know it is powerful.
- Hootsuite - Is the last I will mention. It allows you to monitor all your social media from one place and to put out information across your network quickly.
- A huge part of Twitter is to become active within your niche. Learn who the experts are and follow them. Try and contact them. Build your network within your niche. While I agree it looks cool to follow 100,000+ people, are you really reading anything worthwhile? Build a strong network in your industry, not just to get a million followers.
For some great advice on making viral videos check out Lilach Bullock's blog post .
Thank you and good luck going social. Feel free to connect with me.